Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Yeah Wisconsin!

Over at TAPPED, Harold Meyerson has a great look at the weeks and months to come. While I agree that Obama is primed for a great February, I wouldn't be surprised if he exceeds Meyerson's expectations in March, April, and May. After all, if Obama performs as expected in February, he will garner even more of the glowing media coverage he has thus far received. This could result in Obama's candidacy regaining that heir of inevitability it had after Iowa.

I'm excited that WI is finally going to have a meaningful primary. When I cast my vote for Edwards in '04, Kerry had already wrapped-up the nom for all practical purposes. Wisconsin seems to me like it would be pretty fertile territory for Obama. Obama does well among young, college aged voters and WI has a ton of colleges. If the UW campuses can get polling sites on campus that would be a huge lift for Obama. It will be interesting to see if Russ Feingold endorses anyone. As a Wisconsinite, I can assure you that Feingold is a beloved figure in WI and his endorsement would be monumental for either Clinton or Obama.

For more interesting thoughts on the continuing nomination battle check out the brilliant Jonathan Cohn over at the Plank.

No comments: