Friday, April 18, 2008

Hopping on the J Street Bandwagon

The liberal blogosphere and assorted liberal media outlets have been abuzz over the launch of J Street this week. J Street describes itself as a pro-Israel, pro-peace group. Obviously, J Street has a liberal bend and the group is implicity an alternative to groups like AIPAC (American-Israeli Public Affairs Committee) and CUFI (Christians United for Israel). There have been some great articles out there about J Street including this one from Spencer Ackerman, this one from Ezra Klein, and this one from Gershom Gorenberg. While all three articles deal with similar subject matter, they each approach the topic with their own unique narrative so I recommend that you take some time and read each one. I could take the time to explain my views on the Israeli issue but I think that Ackerman, Klein, and Gorenberg all do a much better job of it than I possibly could, so I will outsource the job to them and let the articles speak for themselves. On the other hand, I will say that you should definately check these guys out and sign up for their mailing list. Alternative views on achieving security and prosperity for Israel and her people are badly needed, so these guys deserve your report.

No comments: